Everybody is rushing around to get their home and yard in order with a good, spring cleaning, but are they applying the same approach to their business?
It's very cathartic and downright smart to do the same thing in your business! What can I clean you ask? Here's a jumping off point for you:
1. Start by going through your POS till tapes, visa/mc receipts, you only need backup for 6 years, so toss out everything prior into your recycling bin. (A good security measure would be to shred all POS slips)
2. Old printers, faxes collecting dust in box or storage room? Get them to your local Staples for proper disposal.
3. Do an inventory of your office supplies and keep a running lust on a clipboard by the office door. This way you won't over buy on certain items and will always know when u are getting low on essentials. Snap a photo of your list on your phone and email to your assistant or take as a shopping list with you.
4. Dust off and clean your computer, keyboard and monitor. There are lots of great products for these purposes, so depending if u are a PC or Mac user, see what is recommended. I find a vacuum with soft brush is great vacuuming dust off keyboards and back of PC hard drives where the fan is. Keeping that dust free keeps your computer running cooler. You can also get the compressed air cans for blasting debris out of the nooks and crannies of your keyboard.
5. Check with your accountant about keeping scanned copies of invoices, bills, receipts as opposed to boxes and boxes of papers. This could potentially de-clutter a mountain of storage!
These are just a few simple ideas to get you going, be sure to add your ideas as well..... And get cleaning!
Leah Chevallier, serial entrepreneur in the Juvenile Industry sharing insight, success and 18 years of award winning retail experience! Took $2000 Micro-credit loan and turned it into $30 million!