According to the psychology department at Yale University, some words in the English language are more powerful than others. And their top 10 most powerful:
1. You -- Listed as the #1 most powerful word in every study reviewed. Because of the personal nature of advertising copywriting, you should use “you” in your headline, opening line and as often as possible. In fact, many copywriters will throw out a headline if “you” is not in it.
2. Results -- Works in rationalizing a purchase.
3. Health -- Especially powerful when it applies to a product.
4. Guarantee --Provides sense of safety at time of purchase.
5. Discover -- Presents a sense of excitement and adventure.
6. Love -- Continues to be an all-time favourite.
7. Proven -- Helps remove fear from trying something new.
8. Safety -- This could refer to health or long-lasting quality.
9. Save -- We all want to save something.
10. New -- It's part of basic human makeup to seek novelty.
Leah Chevallier, serial entrepreneur in the Juvenile Industry sharing insight, success and 18 years of award winning retail experience! Took $2000 Micro-credit loan and turned it into $30 million!