1. Make your to-do list the day before.
This not only organizes your day in advance but also allows your brain to "shut off". You can go to sleep not worrying about you have forgotten to remember!
2. Sleep Tight. Get a full night of sleep. Your brain needs the down time and ability to regroup and re-energize. Everybody functions more efficiently on a full tank of "Zzzz".
3. You Snooze You Loose. Hitting the snooze button multiple times slows you down. Psychologically, it drains you before you are even up for the day! When the alarm goes off, so do the duvet covers!
4. Get Moving Sport! Fit in a sport or exercise routine in your morning. It will actually energize you for the rest of your day.
5. Practice a morning ritual. Whether you run, meditate or do yoga, fit in a physical activity, even if it means just walking the dog to the mail box! It doesn't have to be a sport, just a relaxing, jumping off point.
6. Winners eat breakfast. Breakfast is particularly important since it recharges you after you've fasted all night. Try munching on something light and healthy in the morning, and avoid processed carbs that could zap your energy. Fresh fruit, grains, yogurt are good bets!
7. Tackle the big projects first. You can dive right in when you arrive first thing in the morning, especially since you made your to-do list the night before. You are at your mental peak for the day first thing in the morning; tackle your tough stuff first!
8. Avoid morning meetings. If you can have a say in meeting times, do not suck the life force out of everybody first thing in the morning when they are most productive! Let them get some tasks off their desks and book your meetings, mid-week, after lunch.
Leah Chevallier, serial entrepreneur in the Juvenile Industry sharing insight, success and 18 years of award winning retail experience! Took $2000 Micro-credit loan and turned it into $30 million!